Monday, November 5, 2007

Everybody Loves a Girl with a Backpack Part 4

(Thursday November 1st)
Today the backpack and I had a proud moment. On a very crowded train, filled with a disproportionate number of children and the elderly, I managed to slide the backpack down off a tall ledge, and onto my back (channeling the grace of Audrey Hepburn who might not have even been as graceful as me since I'm pretty sure she could have fit inside the backpack) without destroying the laptop of the man sitting next to me, crushing a baby strapped to her father's back behind me, or knocking an unsteady looking man off his crutches just in front of me.

My growing pride lasted about five minutes until I caught sight of myself in a store window. Oh well, I thought to myself, if you're going to look stupid at least you've achieved an element of grace in that.

No comments: