Just a little note on Bilbao and the Guggenheim.
Dad and D and I set off early on Tuesday morning, leaving Till to her 11 hour day of class. Taking a slightly misdirected route to the musuem we finally made it there and luck of luck, scored a parking spot across the street.
It really is a spectacular building, a piece of sculpture. Dad loved every single bit of it. I loved the outside and felt slightly nauseated by the inside. It wasn't that it's ugly, or distasteful, just busy with lots of ungulating lines.
However there were two GREAT exhibits that we all enjoyed. First was a Richard Serra exhibit that was wondeful. The three of us wandered through the curving, tilted space, trying to keep our balance. Once inside the structure you always feel like you're in another world, sounds are muted, or drawn out, and the walls that hold you in feel both like protection, and, slightly more ominously, like a dead end, or trap.
After a snack we headed to the third floor to the visiting collection being presented there. To my great pleasure it turned our that we were being treated to a selection from the fabulous Kunsthistoriches in Vienna that I visited last year. I took turns with Dad and D telling them what I knew about the paintings we saw. It was lovely.
All in all a sucessful musuem outing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment