Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sunday September 9th: London

Let it be known that William Barrie is a fantastic host! Due to the fact that I arrived on Sunday, there wasn't much open. Really the only thing we could do is go out pubbing, which is exactly what we did. A miniature pub crawl through Islington (the name of which my customs official gave an approving nod to when I told him that was where I was staying) ended in dinner back at William's with more wine and spicy pasta. Late in the evening it was clear that we needed dessert to cut some of the alcohol, and I was sent out to the shops. We then discovered the very delicious combination of Scottish oat cakes, Ben and Jerry's Vanilla ice cream, and organic butterscotch toffee infused chocolate. This was enjoyed while watching a reality television show about power hungry women in the Yarmouth WI. Who knew so much tension could be created out of organising flower shows, jam sales, and wearing pearls.

Now, as I am lying in my luxurious double bed, I cast my mind forward to when I get to come back here at the end of my trip. All the shops in the area are heartbreakingly beautiful, and the company couldn't be better.

Oh, before I forget...the plane incident I made mention of. There was an elderly man on my flight who collapsed after he ingested too many sedatives. So, of course, he was fine. This info came to the rest of plane after quite a lag however, after we had all been awakened by a piercing scream, and saw paddles being taken out of a first aid kit.
It was more than the usual my plane food is inedible excitement.

No comments: