Much as I like to travel, I always fall victim to a few cobwebs of doubt. They're easy enough to push though, but unpleasant feeling none the less. What have I to feel so nervous about? Not the anticipation of an Italian sunburn, a close encounter with the Neapolitan mafia, or having every Caravaggio in Italy being sent to Russia on loan. I feel quite certain I can overcome these small obstacles (other countries may present me with petit challenges as well, but I am confident my immense charm will see me through safely). I think what worries me most of all is being out of contact with all of you. Of course, even as we speak, I am trying to do my part of keeping in touch. I hope most of you will drop me a line every so often while I am away. However, we all know there is no substitute for live conversation. There is no way around it, I shall miss you TERRIBLY!
Thanks for encouraging me to hoist up my heavy pack and treat myself to a little self-indulgent wandering.
Arrivederci dahlings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Buon viaggio, carissima!
girl, have a great time, i'll put a link from my blog to yours, we can be blog buds. love you!
We admire your spunt, Jess, and look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis. Hope you had a good flight and got lots of sleep. Give a big hug to Will for us. Love you. Dad and D.
Pessica, I hope you had a fantastically amazing flight AND that your tiny plane food was beautifully compartmentalized and TINY... and fun. Have the best time bashing about old London with the blokes (I don't really know who you'll be bashing and who these blokes are, BUT I'm sure it'll all work itself out). Tell William I say hello.
LOVE YOU
Jess, enjoy the wonders of Europe. Can't wait to see your pictures when you return. P.s. Don't let the backpack get you down.
Cheers!Lindsay xx
Post a Comment