Thursday, October 11, 2007

Giddy in Vienna

For some reason sitting in front of the airport, waiting for a bus to take me into the city center, I began to grow deliriously happy. Maybe it was the after effects of completing a successful flight during which I imagined myself as an Indiana Jones figure to offset my slight worries about the high pitched, 1940's esque sound the engine was making. If only I'd had the whip and the hat! Maybe it was the fact that I was looking out at a stunningly designed hotel, whose proximity to the airport seemed incongruous with its good taste. I thought to myself, "you are going to see some really good art here."

sparkled with thousands of energy Looking through the window of my bus everything seemed marvelous to me. Power plantsefficient lights, Colosseum-like buildings, their domes done in glass, imposed themselves imperially on the skyline, and even the bus itself seemed futuristic, or at least much nicer than any bus I've ridden in Canada. Having just watched Logan's Run the night before perhaps I was in a mood inclined to interpret things as being ahead of their time. Regardless, the end result was that I am very impressed.

1 comment:

Toronto Internships said...

i am so glad you like vienna! tell us about your place