Tuesday, October 23, 2007
In Frankfurt Among Friends
I don’t really have that much to say about Frankfurt considering I spent so little time there (less than 12 hours), except to say that it was a fantastic place to meet people. My hostel, conveniently located across from the train station, was called the “Stay and Learn” hostel. Considering that it was sitting smack dab in the middle of the red light district I was curious to know what it was that I would be learning there…hopefully not a new trade. Upon arriving I immediately sussed out the nearest Laundromat for a much needed re-fresh for my clothing. There I happened upon an Australian couple chatting with a New Zealander. Learning that I was a fellow Commonwealther, they let me sit with them and gave me a few tips about the machines. After a while the couple left, and Peter (the Kiwi) and I continued chatting. We got along so well that we decided to go for dinner together. Back at the hostel I was lucky enough to be rooming with 4 other Canadian girls, including one named Jessica. We all enjoyed a very pleasant breakfast together, and so for the first time in a long time I didn’t have to eat alone. The next morning I was away in good time to meet my Dad and D at the airport, waiting for them anticipatorially at the gate barrier strewn with the debris of single roses unimaginative boyfriends had bought for their newly arrived girlfriends, and that was that for Frankfurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hurray for you for yet again finding normal and fun people to sit with. i don't know how you do it!!! your hotel sounds even nicer than passages, which was the previous winner by a long shot. did you eat the chocolate, or are you sick of it? did you go to any museums?
Post a Comment