Thursday, October 11, 2007

Everybody Loves a Girl with a Backpack Part 2

You know that feeling when you watch your luggage come out on the baggage carousel after your flight? That's when you breathe a sigh of relief and think, "thank God my clothes didn't end up in Istanbul." I have that feeling too, of course, but it is quickly followed by a kind of horror. Can that bloated purple and green monstrosity with a sleeping bag poking embarrassingly out of top really be mine? And for the one millionth time I wish I wasn't a backpacker, and that I had some nice Louis Vuitton luggage (Christmas anyone?...I didn't think so). I almost let it go by, but then I reach out and pull it off the carousel, ignoring the giggles, and looks of astonishment as I swing it up onto my back (not quite gracefully), and walk away in search of the next adventure.

For better or worse we are a kind of team. Unfortunately, between the two of us I am doing all the work.

3 comments:

Toronto Internships said...

the sleeping bag still doesn't fit!

you are also the much cuter of the two of you.

Jess said...

No the sleeping bag still doesn't fit. Awesome!

SKK said...

WHAT?! you have a sleeping bag atached to it! It gets better...

I do think you could get luggage for Christmas if your family is attuned to your frequent complaints.