As much as the backpack embarrasses me, sometimes I think that I do it, and myself a disservice by trying so hard to look like we don't belong together. Case in point:
Yesterday I realized that I had picked out my travel outfit a little unwisely. Dressed in black linen pants, black driving mocs, a black trench coat, and vibrant scarf, I was doing my best impression of a young professional. Young professionals do not carry giant backpacks half the size of themselves. It made for a confusing image. It became especially awkward when I arrived at my hostel. The guy at the reception quickly appraised my young business professional look and asked if I was quite sure that I had booked myself into a 20 person dorm room. "Yes," I affirmed. It was then that he caught sight of my backpack and murmured, "Oh right," in a way that said, "you have no idea what you're doing, do you."
As I was dragging the purple and green monster into luggage storage a little boy stared at me and tugged on his mother's sleeve. I bet he was saying, "but she looks like a grownup Mommy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you are so very mature. next time, lets bring wheely luggage like all of the italians. i am fond of the fake denim version we saw so often.
girl, you are a fantastic writer. keep 'em comin'. can't wait to see you! you are going to have your mind blown my friend.
What does that mean Emma?
It's green and purple?! OHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment