Thursday, October 4, 2007

Everybody Loves a Girl with a Backpack

Usually the above statement might be true. One of the positive things about the backpack is that people are almost always willing to do you favours. This mostly comes in handy when you ask someone, harried faced, to confirm your fear that you've gotten on the wrong train again. If the answer is yes (and let's face it, it usually is) then that person is often willing to take you to the right one.

Having said that, there are still moments when the backpack produces the opposite effect and endears me to no one. I had such a moment on my train ride from Brussels to Bruge, when exiting the train my unbuckled waist strap managed to hit every single person I passed - most of them in the face. I, of course, was innocent to the misdemeanors perpetrated by my backpack. It was only after I walked away from the train that Nina told me through tears of laughter.

And again, this is why I hate backpacks.

2 comments:

emma said...

hilarious.

SKK said...

I didn't read this until now. Very funny. So you're that jerk who does that...