Me: (at the cafe in the gallery) "a glass of Prosecco please"
Waiter: "Prosecco...you have something to celebrate?"
Me: (after a brief moment of contemplation) "My first visit to Munich"
Waiter: "Cool"
As if I needed a reason to indulge in a little Prosecco at a quarter after 12 on a Wednesday! Yesterday's glass of Prosecco in Salzburg reminded me of what I'd been doing without. My good friend Shawon will well attest to the benefits of Prosecco, even an overindulgence of Prosecco, knowledge gained during our time spent in Italy together. Our next trip is supposed to be a pilgrimage tour of churches en route to Santa Maria da Compostella. Knowing Shawon and I, and our relative lack of biking experience, mixed with a zealous hatred of backpacking, I project that Prosecco might become an essential antidote to the aches and pains we will suffer in the name of our dedication to great art.
In the meantime I enjoyed it as a prelude to my venerative trip around the gallery. Delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A friend and I have decided (based on similar experiences) that Munich is home to a plethora of insanely attractive German men named Florian. If you're still there, it might be worthwhile to find your very own Florian. Or not, I suppose, considering your "circumstances." Ahhhhhhhhhh Florian. I think I'll name my firstborn that (the name also has a nice art historical twist - because Cafe Florian was where the Venice Biennale began).
So far no Florian, only a Paul that I turned down
Did you like how I said "circumstances" - I thought it made you seem scandalous.
I did. I loved the use of "circumstances". I like having "circumstances".
Post a Comment